HOME   ■   ABOUT   ■   SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTING   ■   CONTACT

Monday, May 5, 2014

review: urban decay's b6 prep spray


there is an array of beauty products available that fall into the "mist", "setting spray" or just plain ole "refreshing spray" category. and honestly, they're a little silly. yet in all my makeup conscious years so far, i've had one of these lying around.

do they actually do anything? i'm still trying to get this question answered. i feel as if anything that happens on your skin could almost certainly be attributed to something aside from the few spritzes of fancy water you're putting on there (because that's what it is, y'all, fancy water!).

in the past, i've used mac's fix+. this spray is marketed as a "makeup setting spray". and while it smells lovely and feel refreshing on the skin, i didn't feel it provided any makeup setting qualities.

urban decay's b6 vitamin-infused complexion prep spray carries a hefty price tag of $33 for the full size - more than mac's fix+, which retails at $21. i originally received a sample of this product after buying urban decay's primer potion (which i love) at ulta. i tried the spray & used the entire sample - then felt compelled to purchase it. while it's not a product that provides results you can immediately see, i felt like my skin loved it. after 2 weeks of use, my skin just felt better - brighter, less redness & a more even tone. i sprayed it in the morning before my makeup, and at night after washing my face.

i'm almost done with this bottle, and will i repurchase it? i'm not sure. these sprays could very well be providing a darn good placebo effect. this was the only spray i feel i've gotten actual results with.

have you ever used a cosmetic spray similar to this? what are your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't purchased any of the sprays, with the exception of the $3 ELF green tea one because I feel like you, completely a placebo effect with no real benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never used a spray. I feel like it is a waste of money, personally, but maybe I just don't know any better. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the UrbanDecay Cooling Setting Spray (I'm sure that's not the real name...) I agree-- really not sure it works. I don't really notice a difference in how long my makeup lasts, but I do like how it feels, especially in the winter when my skin is super dry and hates powder. Probably not going to repurchase, though, unless (like the first time) it's in a bout of compulsive spending. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! If you have any questions, feel free to email me at hello@meredithnoelle.com.