HOME   ■   ABOUT   ■   SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTING   ■   CONTACT

Monday, May 19, 2014

birmingham diaries: ozan winery & vineyard

after buying my tickets months ago, i finally ventured down to ozan winery & vineyards  in calera, alabama this weekend. who knew alabama had wineries? well, we do! there's even an alabama wine trail - yes, there are multiple vineyards & wineries - that you can follow. i don't know about you, but i'm putting completing the wine trail on my to do list!

ozan is a beautiful property that has a year-round growing season and plethora of wine options. we tasted 12 wines, paired with cheese, crackers & chocolate, then toured the vineyard property to take a look at the small grapes that were growing in - the norton grapes. there were 3 or so wines i really enjoyed, and i ended up purchasing a bottle of ozan's vidal blanc.

after the tasting, you're taken down to the railroad tracks, which run right next to the property, for a breezy ride on the historic shelby county railroad. we got into an open-air car and enjoyed the weather before returning to ozan. all in all, the weather couldn't have been more perfect, and the wine was fabulous.





if you live in birmingham & you haven't made it down here yet, i highly suggest you check it out! you can make reservations online for the tasting & train ride, or just drop in for a tasting. it's awonderful date idea or way to spend a saturday morning with friends. the norton grapes will be fully grown in august, and i want to go back later in the summer to check them out!

9 comments:

  1. This sounds like the perfect Saturday date option, I'm definitely putting it on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been here, but now I'm dying to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been but would love to do this! Adding it to my list of things to do this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place! Just last year, we completed Connecticut's wine trail - it's a tough task but I wasn't complaining. I'm sure Alabama's trail consists of many more wineries though! That'd be a fun thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big wine drinker, but I think it would be cool just to go to it. I might have to check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great day trip to add to my summer list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to do the Alabama Wine Trail! It sounds like it would be amazing to visit each!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! If you have any questions, feel free to email me at hello@meredithnoelle.com.