HOME   ■   ABOUT   ■   SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTING   ■   CONTACT

Monday, April 28, 2014

birmingham spotlight: icebox coffee


disclosure: icebox coffee provided me with some of their delicious coffee in hopes that i choose to review it on floral frocks. i am not being compensated for this review aside from the coffee itself. i only write about or recommend products i enjoy and feel my readers would enjoy as well. and uh, as you'll see in this review, i am totally obsessed with this stuff.

am i a coffee snob? i wouldn't say so. but in recent years i've become more aware of different types of coffee and what i prefer. i enjoy my cream and coffee syrups - i'm not a straight up sugar kinda gal. i also consistently prefer iced coffee over hot coffee. hot coffee is for when you're in a rush. iced coffee is for a spring evening on the porch.

i was browsing the pepper place market website when i came across a company called icebox coffee. y'all, my heart skipped a beat! i immediately stalked their website and social media and decided i need to get my hands on this stuff, one way or another.

icebox coffee can be enjoyed hot or cold, and is created via the delicious cold brew method. coffee grounds are steeped in water overnight and then strained to yield beautiful, rich and perfectly smooth coffee that is to die for! i took one sip of this stuff, set down my cup and said, "wow, that's deadly." now there is ok coffee, there is acceptable coffee, but icebox falls into the "damn good" category. i mixed it up with some caramel syrup and cream and it tasted like a milkshake - smooth, full of flavor and rich in just the right ways.

started by bebe goodrich, a new orleans native with extensive cold brewing history and experience, icebox coffee has brought authentic cold brew flavor to the birmingham area since 2012. and man oh man, is it good. i had the pleasure of speaking with bebe on the phone and getting to know more about the business and how she got started, and the story is truly fascinating. icebox coffee grew from her garage to a full fledged brewing operation happening in downtown birmingham. thanks to its popularity, icebox coffee has expanded and can be purchased in alabama, tennessee, texas, georgia, virginia, north and south carolina, and online!

with birmingham bloggers taking off, i've really become focused on local businesses and how to best utilize BB to interact with all things birmingham. supporting the incredible startups and resources we have right here in town has become a passion of mine, and icebox coffee is a perfect example of a local business that is well on its way to the top.

i'm off to purchase the 32 ounce new orleans blend because i've already polished off the 16 ounce bottle. oops. hello, new addiction.

y'all check out icebox coffee at www.iceboxcoffee.com, and give them a follow on twitter! also, check out the list of vendors at pepper place market, you never know what you'll find. go birmingham!

9 comments:

  1. Girl. I have got to get my hands on some of this! I love a cup of coffee in the morning, but when it's a billion degrees outside, I would much rather have iced. I'll have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT. IS. SO. GOOD. I mean I knew it was gonna be GOOD but man is it delicious!

      Delete
  2. I feel like I need to travel to Birmingham and check out a few places, because your post are always the best when it comes to food and such! I see that I can buy this online so I'm gonna give it a try! xx

    -Darianne | She Wrote Today

    P.S, I see that you have a blog button, and I was wondering how that works, do you swap buttons? I'd love to swap with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please try it, it's worth it I promise! And of course we can swap!

      Delete
    2. I added yours as well dear! :D

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of this coffee, but I am definitely going to find it! I am a sucker for a good cup of coffee. Oh, and I am all about the local brands as well. My heart is in Birmingham and I will do all I can to support my town and watch it thrive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh iced cofffee! There are not many things that I HAVE to have every single day. Iced coffee is something I have to have EVERY single day. GIVE ME!!!!! I am going to have to check them out. I love supporting local companies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'll have my iced coffee even if its 20 degrees out. You have GOT to try this - you'll be hooked.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! If you have any questions, feel free to email me at hello@meredithnoelle.com.