HOME   ■   ABOUT   ■   SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTING   ■   CONTACT

Friday, October 3, 2014

speedy love

it's funny how your tastes change as you get older.

years ago, a monogrammed louis vuitton bag was something i avoided at all costs. i've talked at length about my feelings for handbags, and my obsession has only grown in recent years. but despite it all, i never found myself drawn to lv. i just didn't "get it". i didn't care to be another person lost in sea of monogram, and to be honest, i found it a little tacky.

i couldn't tell you where it came from or why, but in the past two or so years i've developed an adoration/obsession/love for louis vuitton - and that includes the classic monogram print. i mean, audrey hepburn carried a speedy, and she's not exactly my fashion idol or anything, but you can't argue the rich history and stunning longevity of the bag. there's reason it's everywhere.

i always said my first louis vuitton would be in the damier ebene print. my relationship with top handle bags is up and down. too much trouble? worth it? they're truly a pain to go shopping with. i questioned, but i knew i needed a speedy in my collection. as a raving handbag enthusiast and wishful collector, this bag was a necessity. i adore the look of worn in, old patina, and i also knew that i was way too rough on bags (and too impatient) to patina a new speedy beautifully. pre-loved was the way to go.

i got her from fashionphile as an early birthday present, and so far, she's everything i hoped she would be. the canvas is is spectacular shape, and the patina is just the way i like it. she clearly had a vibrant life before she found her way into my hands - and that's ok. she's got a story to tell.

who knew i'd ever end up with a monogram bag? honestly, this will likely be my first and only. the damier ebene and epi leather are my only other louis loves. but speedy will always have my heart.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same bag, and no matter what bags I purchase, I always gravitate back to her. Mine came pre-loved, as well! My mom carried her when I was little. Louis lasts forever!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! If you have any questions, feel free to email me at hello@meredithnoelle.com.