HOME   ■   ABOUT   ■   SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTING   ■   CONTACT

Monday, September 8, 2014

a new direction

it's been a long time coming. a blog rebrand, that is.

i created floral frocks when i was a 20 year old college student (you can read about what life was like when i created this blog here). i was a different person, in a totally different place doing totally different things than i am now. in 3 years, i've transitioned into working a full-time professional job while maintaining blogging as a hobby and creative outlet.

when you think about it, 'floral frocks' didn't really fit me in the first place. floral frocks is a good tumblr url -- which is exactly what it was before i transitioned to blogger. i'm not a fashion blogger, so no writing about floral frocks really takes place. i just like wearing them. i'm a total grandma when it comes to floral print. but you want to know the truth? it's been a minute since i wore a floral frock. these days, i'm a walking j. crew ad. the photo above was taken in my dorm my sophomore year of college.

part of a blog rebrand is accepting that you changed, and your blog changed. what used to be something i posted on once a month has turned into a way to connect with others, especially through birmingham bloggers. my blog has grown up, and so have i.

i'm going to be working with my talented friend whitney of heart & arrow to launch a fresh design along with my rebrand. i'm brainstorming names, but i think i have one secured that i'm confident will carry me into the rest of my journey through my 20's. and of course, i'll keep y'all in the loop right up until the launch.

p.s. i'm going to have some floral incorporated into the design. duh!

4 comments:

  1. Yay yay yay! This is so exciting, and now it's official :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! Blog rebrands are always so fun :) I just did mine a few months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you and Whit come up with. I know it will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! If you have any questions, feel free to email me at hello@meredithnoelle.com.