HOME   ■   ABOUT   ■   SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTING   ■   CONTACT

Monday, November 25, 2013

mexican hot chocolate



-cough- so, i've been sick. all last week i was struggling to breathe & keep my eyes open. i've finally gotten over the worst and i'm functional now. is it thanksgiving yet? can i just fast forward? something about turkey & family sounds awesome right now.

i was reminded of the lovely combination that is chocolate and chipotle when i recalled a dessert i had at the wonderful el barrio in birmingham. it was a chocolate creme with, you guessed it, a chipotle kick. i fell in love with the flavor. this might even be good if you drank it cold!
  • 1 package hot chocolate mix (make it with milk, not water!)
  • 2-3 pinches chipotle powder
  • 2-3 pinches cinnamon
  • 1-2 pinches nutmeg
  • whipped cream
recipe adapted from real simple.

ps; do you like my little cheap silver target tree in the background? i sure do.

9 comments:

  1. That sounds delightful (the hot chocolate, not the cold!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little tree! That sounds wonderful! xx
    She Wrote Today

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely going to have to try this!! Thanks for sharing :) :)

    Glad to hear you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A) I have that silver tree and I love it, despite its tackiness.
    B) I love mexican hot chocolate!
    C) These coincidences mean we should be friends.
    New follower - { Raspy Wit }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tackiness is what makes it, in my opinion.
      Friends indeed! Thanks for following! :)

      Delete
  5. Ohh, this looks so good! I usually don't like spicy things, but I bet I'd like it in hot chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same little tree on my desk, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mexican hot chocolate is the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! If you have any questions, feel free to email me at hello@meredithnoelle.com.