HOME   ■   ABOUT   ■   SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTING   ■   CONTACT

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

exploring athens



last weekend, beth and i ventured to athens, georgia to visit molly! since molly got married & moved last october, we hadn't had a chance to check out her new place. beth and i both had never been to athens and were so excited to make the trip.

we got in friday night, talked for hours and promptly got to exploring on saturday. we stopped by cali and tito's for lunch & then walker's pub for coffee as we explored downtown athens. it's such a cute town - really reminds me of fairhope! since athens has a trader joe's, we got the bright idea to go finally try this "cookie butter" everyone talks about. and during that conversation we decided... let's make cookie butter cupcakes! that's for a later post.

that night, we made our cupcakes, photographed them for probably hours (typical bloggers, duh), then made a wine & cheese plate to pre-game before we head out for the night. we ended up eating dinner at south kitchen + bar & omg, was it amazing. duck fat tater tots, truffled mac and cheese, killer cocktails... need i say more?

on sunday, we met up with jennifer of jenny sue makeup and elizabeth of mz savvy style for brunch at the pine. we talked all things blog and southern blog society. oh, and the brunch at the pine is fantastic.

i'm not sure why it took me so long to make my way to athens. it's a fun place and i can't wait to go back! what did you get into this weekend?

6 comments:

  1. 1) loving the new floral banner!

    2) I'm (as is everyone) obsessed with the Trader Joe's cookie butter and had to pick up two jars from the one down from our b&b in Asheville last weekend! Can't wait to see this cupcake recipe

    3) athens looks too cute! I'm definitely going to have to make a wknd trip at some point. I've always heard good things about what a charming little town it is. Downtown looks so picturesque!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! Whitney is SO amazing and is a great designer. I am so in love with this design!

      Go to Athens, you'll love it!

      Delete
  2. Looks like such a fun trip!! And now I'm totally craving Mexican food. I also love your site design - so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome site, Meredith!! I went to Athens, Georgia to visit UGA a couple summers ago and it was such a lovely place! Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Athens is such a fun town! My husband went to school there, and now my little sister is there.
    PS - the new blog design is lovely :)

    Chels
    // heartnatured.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend, I miss you guys being in the same city as me! Must come visit y'all in Bham soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! If you have any questions, feel free to email me at hello@meredithnoelle.com.