HOME   ■   ABOUT   ■   SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTING   ■   CONTACT

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

get gorgeous tea: placebo effect?


i'll admit it: i like gimmicky things. you know what i'm talking about. the mascara that supposedly makes your eyeballs appear 500% larger, whiter and brighter. the waist cincher that renders you breathless but makes you "lose 10 pounds". i'm willing to suspend my belief for the fun of it all, and maybe that's telling about myself that i find this sort of notion fun, but hey, i live for guilty pleasures.

i've suffered with crap skin for years. unfortunately, i got a bad genetic lot, and there isn't much short of accutane that i've tried to remedy it. i take exceptional care of it, moisturize, never sleep in my makeup, etc. - doesn't matter, it's all purely hormonal for me. so obviously, i'm willing to try anything that says it has skin clearing properties. what do i actually have to lose?


get gorgeous skin detox tea even sounds like a super gimmicky thing, right? of course. i went in with zero expectations. hey, maybe the tea will taste good.

well, it does taste good! this tea's primary flavor is rooibos, which i hadn't tried before, and i ended up really enjoying it. it's fruity, rich and slightly nutty, but very unique. as far as the skin benefits go, call me crazy, but... i have noticed a change. when it comes to clearing up active acne, i can't say i notice a huge difference - but it does seem to make my skin smoother, brighter and healthier looking when i drink a cup a day for at least a few days in a row. if i drink it consistently, i feel my skin appears fuller, better moisturized.

i've repurchased this tea twice now because i enjoy the taste and i think it actually has some skin benefits. bottom line, though? it makes me feel good because i feel like i'm "doing something" for my skin, and it's actually prompted me to get really into tea!

what are your favorite gimmicky products? have you tried a tea with crazy claims?

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE gimicky things too Meredith! I do all the different skin masks and nose peels, mostly because they are fun, but also because maybe they could work! I also had terrible skin for years especially in high school and into college. One thing I would recommend is cutting back on dairy. Once I stopped eating yogurt and switched to soy milk/almond milk not only did my stomach feel better, but my skin has been significantly clearer ever since. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try this! I love herbal teas and have been drinking them for years. They do have a lot of antioxidants and other good things in them, so I wouldn't be surprised if it helped with skin, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a tea called 'Skin Detox' by Yogi which claims to reduce internal impurities and promote glowing skin. I'm not sure I've ever experienced glowing skin because of it, but it sure does taste nice haha! I think herbal teas are really good for you, but you probably have to combine them with a good diet and regular exercise - I don't think they'll perform a miracle if you're not taking care of yourself to begin with!

    The Blissful Mind

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge tea drinker, so I'd love to try this. I'm always intrigued by gimmicky/placebo products, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! If you have any questions, feel free to email me at hello@meredithnoelle.com.