HOME   ■   ABOUT   ■   SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTING   ■   CONTACT

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

i dunno about you... but i'm not 22


i turned 23 on sunday, october 13th. i was fortunate enough to celebrate the day with my closest and most incredible friends at the lovely chez fonfon in birmingham, a little french joint that's been on my "to eat" list for months. birthdays are starting to mean less and less and they're all blurring together... i've finally reached the age where nothing truly monumental comes with birthdays any longer. if anything, i'm just reminded that i am nearing my mid-twenties rather quickly. am i where i wanted to be at this age? yeah, i guess so.

at 22, i graduated college. i lost 30 pounds. i landed my first "real" job. i moved to a new city all by myself. i found out that the upkeep on a house is considerably more so than an apartment. i let go of negativity in my life and stripped away everything that was making me unhappy and holding me back. i began applying hand lotion religously. i formed an intensely personal relationship with my keurig. you get the idea.

i'm looking forward to making more mistakes, being ridiculous and still thinking i'm doing it right a year from now. here's to 23.

6 comments:

  1. I found you over on Kristyn's page. I live in the Birmingham area too! Roll Tide! I have been wanting to try Chez Fonfon, did you enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I love seeing other Bham bloggers! Chez Fonfon was amazing, you need to try it! I'm still drooling thinking about it.

      Delete
  2. Happy Late Birthday! I also turned 23 recently, and you're right. There's nothing super exciting about it, haha. I'm in the Birmingham area as well, and I've been wanting to try Chez FonFon but haven't yet. I may have to check it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy belated birthday! 23 was one of my very favorite years. so much fun to be had!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! If you have any questions, feel free to email me at hello@meredithnoelle.com.